Featured Post

'Katrina Girl' Found: Pararescueman finally locates girl he saved after Hurricane Katrina

HH-60 Pave Hawk Photo // Staff Sgt. Jason Robertson Destruction and heartbreak surrounded the pararescueman, along with the rest of N...

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dispatches from the American Revolution - the Legend of Tater Hales

Tater Hales can best be described by one of his own statements: "People say dogs forgive easily. Well, Tater Hales ain't no dog."
The 50-something year-old Virginian uses his anger, currently directed at the British government and their tyranny over the American colonies, in dispatches he sends to the small hometown newspaper in Virginia he bought with the money he brought back from the French and Indian War. He somehow finds himself conveniently where historic events happen and uses his unique perspective in the stories he sends back home. Even if flies and mosquitoes can't stand Tater, let's see how the British soldiers take him.

Prologue

I know you whippersnappers out there don't know who I am, but you're gonna know me soon. My name is Tater Hales, and I fought for our former motherland in that old French and Indian War. I won't say what I did with the red uniform when I came back.
Anyway, I come back home and just try to start up a little old rag, just like ole Ben, and King George starts poking his nose in our business. So now ole Tater's poking his nose in the highness' business.
I'm dispatching what I see in the colonies, what they say to get old George fired up, what I see the redcoats doing, and what we do back to them. Tater hears some business will be going on in the Boston Harbor. I'm not sure exactly what it's going to be yet. But ole Tater always gets answers, even if it takes a good ole punch in the nose to get 'em talking. One thing you can stake your little teabags on: You can trust ole Tater to get you the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment